"20 Years of Tall Tales" is the title of the web series THE BLACK CROWES will roll out starting Tuesday, August 3, the street date for CROWEOLOGY (Silver Arrow/Megaforce Records), their first-ever double album of all-acoustic material with new arrangements of their best-loved songs and deep cuts.
In a wide-ranging and freewheeling interview marking the 20th anniversary of their landmark multi-platinum debut, 1990's Shake Your Moneymaker, frontman CHRIS ROBINSON talks about where THE BLACK CROWES--arguably one of the most misunderstood rock bands of all time--have been and where they are now.
Throughout the month of August, the band will release one webisode per day via their website, www.blackcrowes.com. It's all here: the highs, the lows, controversies, the arrests, feuds and more. "20 Years of Tall Tales" was directed and produced by John Vanover and filmed earlier this month at Robinson's Los Angeles home.
- Did THE BLACK CROWES--a band that has never played it musically or commercially safe and at times been crucified for it--really spend $1,000,000 recording an album (Tall) that went unreleased for more than a decade?
- What really happened in that Denver convenience store that led to Chris' arrest?
- Why was the band really fired from the Aerosmith tour before being reinstated?
- What really went on in the studio the night the band held a bacchanalia for the amorica album?
- What really drives the relationship between Chris and his brother, guitarist RICH ROBINSON?
- How did the union of THE BLACK CROWES and Oasis on the "Tour of Brotherly Love" actually cancel out the feuds of both bands' brothers?
- And what about the band's recently announced lengthy hiatus that will begin when their upcoming "SAY GOODNIGHT TO THE BAD GUYS 2010" tour ends this year with an epic six-night stand in San Francisco at The Fillmore December 12-19?
Fasten your seat belts as THE BLACK CROWES--Chris Robinson (vocals/guitar), Rich Robinson (guitar), Steve Gorman (drums), Sven Pipien (bass), Luther Dickinson (guitar) and Adam McDougall (keyboards)--share the ride in "20 Years of Tall Tales."
The British Invasion Revisited
Blog Full of Blues
when the WAVE was NEW
JazzCorner.com - News
Music News Contests
Some Guy's Daily Rock & Roll Video Report
Beatles Daily News
Latest News - Pitchfork
High-Def Disc Reviews - High-Def Digest
The Old Trailer Park - Classic Movie Trailers
Some Guy's Rock & Roll Movie Collector's Guide
DVD Talk DVD Reviews
TVGuide.com: Breaking News
News from TV.com
Daily Toons: There's no toon like an old toon
Comic Book Resources
Heavy Connector - Blast from the Past
WHITE NOISE SOUND is the eponymous debut from the Swansea / Cardiff, Wales-based sextet. Completed with the help of Pete Kember (Spacemen...
Béla Mavrák & The Stars of Buena Vista "Un Soplo En El Aire (A Breeze In The Wind)" CD + Bonus-DVD To Be Released December ...
Click photo to see clip. Brian Wilson "Songwriter 1962 - 1969" is a documentary film investigating the rich tapestry of music...
In Vancouver, BC, independent Tasmanian-born artist Anni M Fables has just released her long-awaited debut, Space (Luck) Sphere, which ...
ROSA AND THE EXECUTIONER OF THE FIEND (Rosa y el ajusticiador del canalla) A film by: Ivan Acosta (Author of EL SUPER ) Latin Jazz USA a...
Author Trevor Barre Pens Second Book “Convergences, Divergences & Affinities: Further Beyond Jazz, the Second Wave of English Free Improvisation, 1973-9”The sub title of the book is “The Second Wave of Free Improvisation in England, 1973-9.” It is the author’s second self-published book...
After completing his 1985 film THE RETURN OF RUBÉN BLADES for Britain's Channel 4 Television, Philadelphia-based filmmaker Robert ...
British rock legends UFO offer up their first ever covers album paying homage to a dozen of their personal favorites! “The Salentino Cu...