5th Annual Music and Arts Festival
to create sustainable dreamscape
at Oak Canyon Ranch, Irvine, May 28 – 31
This Memorial Day weekend, the music, arts and green living worlds will converge at Oak Canyon Ranch in Irvine, California for The Do LaB's 5th annual Lightning in a Bottle Festival on May 29 – 31, 2010. Celebrated for their one-of-a-kind interactive art environments, The Do LaB will bring its signature imaginative experience design stamp, as seen at festivals all over the world such as Coachella and Virgin Music Festival.
The new site of the four-day, three-night festival for all ages features over 100 acres of sprawling hills, lush trees and a tranquil reservoir, and accommodates up to 6,000 day guests and overnight campers combined. Oak Canyon Ranch is located just one hour south of Los Angeles and 45 minutes north of San Diego.
With a lineup that is equal parts music, art and green workshops, Lightning in a Bottle will envelop its guests in a myriad of activities throughout the festival. Three-day passes are available at this time to encourage a sense of community among all of the artists, musicians, performers, friends and families. Tickets are available in advance starting at $190 online at http://lightninginabottle.org/buy-tickets/.
This year’s festival includes:
- * Three stages of music featuring Booka Shade, The Album Leaf, Adam Freeland, Apparat, EOTO, Daedelus, Beats Antique, Sandra Collins, The Very Best, Krazy Baldhead, Nosaj Thing, Lee Burridge, Vibesquad, KRADDY, Bluetech Live, John Tejada, March Fourth Marching Band, MiMoSA, BLVD, Eliot Lipp, Ott, Dj Garth, Rey Fresco, Big Gigantic, Random Rab, MartyParty, An-ten-nae, Daddy Kev, Emancipator, David Starfire Live Ensemble, Treavor Moontribe, Obscure, Patricio, R/D, Fishtank Ensemble, Jupit3r, El Papachango, The Bodyrock Dj’s, Lynx & Janover, Vagabond Opera, Saynt, Dj Laura, Shawna, Solillaquists of Sound, Govinda, Rena Jones, Jesse Wright, Jokton Strealy, The Ianator, Sammy Bliss, Blue Insomnia, Vokab Kompany, Red Sonya, Cohen, Timonkey, Bass Cadet, Wyse, Peter Goetz, micah j, Auditory Canvas, Pumpkin, SaQi, Faith
- * Art installations curated by Marsi Frey and an art gallery curated by Mike Russek and Deborah Vogt
- * Yoga classes and green living workshops brought to you by industry leaders. 2008's LIB featured a sustainable transportation panel with Chris Paine who directed Who Killed the Electric Car?, a workshop on how to make biodeisal and more
- * Children’s activities featuring an interactive kid zone filled with arts and games
- * Lightning in a Paintcan Project, curated by Carmen Zella, will feature local artists who will transform over-sized mural panels, set up throughout the site, into paintings with 100% used and recycled paint. The art pieces will be sold in a silent auction where proceeds will benefit Sonic Muze, a non-profit that provides underfunded schools with music instruments and art supplies.
- * Live performances by various dance troupes such as Lucent Dossier, Vau de Vire Society, Stilt Circus and the Wandering Marionettes
- * Organic Food Vendors and alcohol for sale plus free filtered drinking water on site for attendees who bring their own containers
Lightning in a Bottle will take place at Oak Canyon Ranch located at 5305 Santiago Canyon Rd.., Irvine , California. Doors will be open May 27 from 4 pm - 2 am. On May 28, the gate will be open 6 am – 2 am. On May 29, the gate will be open 7 am – 2 am. On May 30, the gate will be open 7 am – 8 pm. The festival is all ages (kids are welcome and encouraged). For more information and to purchase tickets, go to http://lightninginabottle.org/
Lightning in a Bottle 2008 ~ lightninginabottle.org from siouxzenkang on Vimeo.